Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wear Sunscreen!

I'm mostly posting these pictures because I'm sick of looking at myself in spandex, but also to share a lesson that I had to learn the hard way (although I still have a hard time remembering sunscreen). Yesterday I had to have a chunk of tissue removed from my side. It was not fun! About a month ago my dermatologist found "pre-cancerous" cells (don't worry I don't have skin cancer) when I had a mole removed and so he said they had to remove more tissue as a precaution. Which basically transaltes to me as a nice scar. (warning: if you are easily grossed out, do not look at the following pictures)

The skin looks weird around the stitches because that's where the band aid was.
So lesson learned...wear sunscreen! (Sorry I know its a very gross picture)


6 comments:

Sue said...

So glad you don't have skin cancer. Thanks for the realization factor to help me be more diligent with the kids. Sorry for the scar.

Tiff said...

That sucks. I am sorry. I never wear sun screen and will probably get skin cancer. Maybe I should start wearing it now. Better late than never :)

Ashley Clark said...

Yikes!

Kari Ann said...

I need to be better at wearing sunscreen. Congrats to both of you on the triathlon, you go girl! I am glad that no one drowned.

Rhandi said...

Grrrr . . . I had the same look a couple of years ago. Make sure they don't take the stiches out too late, that's what they did for mine and it left a nasty scar! By the way, you are a STUD jamie! I wish that we lived closer so we could train together! Well, maybe we still could . . .

Diane CaƱate said...

Thanks for the tip JP...I cannot believe that happened. Way to stay tough!