Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend in Central CA


Here are some shots we took with our new camera while in Cayucos, CA this weekend. My grandparents have a house up there and so we went up with my parents and sister Julianne; my grandparents meet us up there as well. It was a fun weekend! On Friday we drove up the coast to Big Sur. It was the most scenic drive I've ever been on. We stopped at a few old, small towns. We hiked through the redwoods and also walked along many semi-secluded beaches. Saturday we explored San Luis Obispo and other neighboring towns and beaches. I went running on the beach every morning (which is hard to do down here because the beaches aren't as flat and the sand isn't as hard) and also biked along the coast. There are such great bike routes all over up there. I can't wait to go again. Too bag its a 5 hour drive (with no traffic) or I'd be up there more often.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like another great weekend getaway! These are some great pics-especially the scenic ones! Kudos to either you or Andrew

Ashley Clark said...

My family used to go camping every year at Big Sur. How I miss it!

Tiff said...

What a fun trip. I really am jealous. I need a vacation really bad. I think your next vacation should be to Pleasant Grove Utah to see me :)

Steph said...

Gorgeous photos James, I love love love Big Sur. We need to take a trip together there. I'm bummed we couldn't run yesterday. I'm feeling much better today. Lets plan for Thursday at 430.

Pam said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Love the zebras.

Logan said...

Shoot you guys will have iStock quality stuff in no time, like those beach scenes! We have TONS of photos from Alaska, Mt. Rainier, etc. that just aren't quite good enough because of the camera.