Friday, October 30, 2009

4 Months!

Simon has his 4 month appointment yesterday! Stats....

Height: 23.75" (10th percentile) Weight: 14lbs. 6oz. (48th percentile)

Head: 43.75cm (87th percentile)

Looks like he still carries most of his weight in his head! He is starting to get some good chub though and I love it! Simon's a happy healthy boy who loves to smile at anyone who will give him attention. He actually only cried for a second after getting his shots and then was smiling at the nurse. There was some bad news though, Simon has a hernia and has to have surgery soon to remove it. We meet with the surgeon on Tuesday and then the surgery will be scheduled. Has anyone had this happen to their lil boy? If so, how did the surgery and recovery go? I guess its fairly common. I'll post some pictures soon....hopefully some good Halloween ones!

3 comments:

Rolph Family said...

I had a couple of little boys in day care that had that surgery. They seemed to have recovered quick and was very routine. Still sad though that he has to get it done :(

Bracken and Bracken said...

My cousin's little boy had a hernia in his belly button and every thing went really smooth and he recovered really fast :) She has twins and a 4 year old and she made it through it ok so it can't be too bad!! Hope it all goes well, poor little Simon. Give him kisses for me :)

Edith said...

He sure is cute!
I was looking at Matthew's % and he was the same weight and height as Simon at this age, I can't believe how fast they grow!