Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Race & Upcoming Sprint Tri


Jamie and I ran the Laguna Niguel YMCA 10K on the 4th. It was a great race, fun and scenic. It was the first time I have ran a strictly running race for almost three years, but that race 3 years ago I got a BAD side ache and walked most the race. The latest race I ran without a side ache was the Rex E Lee 5K my freshman year at BYU almost 9 years ago. It was good to know that I can now run faster/better than when I was in high school cross country 10 years ago. Jamie took first in her age group, she is an animal and wasn't very far behind me, considering her legs are much shorter than mine. Coming up in August I'm going to be doing the Sprint Triathlon at Camp Pendleton again, if anyone is interested in doing it with me let me know, Jamie is going to be out of town. They expect the Tri to sell out soon.

2 comments:

Logan said...

You guys know Graham and Rhandi Orme, right? They'd totally join you on a sprint tri or 5k. Did you ever talk to them about their adventure race? Sounds like something you and Jamie would do really well in!

Aubrey Messick said...

Hey little miss runner. I got my swim top from gap.com. I love love love it. Hope they still have one for you. :)